Saturday, July 30, 2011

St. Dominic pray for me

Today was my interview for my first promises (used to be called vows) for the Lay Dominican St. Catherine of Siena Chapter. I have been waiting for this moment for a long while and cannot wait for December to roll around.

These interviews are really a great reflection for me. Not only to I let them know how being a part of the Dominican Family has a great influence on me, but in turn I learn what they have seen in me with their own observations. One of the major things I have learned within the Dominican family is a great joy in loving the Lord through all trials in my life and the most important apostolic work is those that deal with family.

Speaking about family just a few moments ago I called my Granny and she informed me on the condition of my Great-Uncle, who was sent back to the hospital, they found he has an infection and he is being cared for. I am really at a lost with this, but ask for many prayers for him and the family. Guess I need to find a way up there to the hospital in the few days before I leave for Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Why to Ann Arbor, Michigan? For the great reason that there professions of first and final vows for the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist (Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist ). I know the Sisters who are going to be professing their first vows. It is so exciting to experience their vows. I know they will be happy to see not only me, but Camille as well.

Anyways, back to today so after my interview, my dear friend and sister in the Lay Dominicans, Emily took me to lunch at a new place called Milestone 229 and what a place. It has a great selection of food, wonderful service and a nice view of the new park that has a water fountains that you can walk through and get wet. It would be fun if I wasn't going to be going anywhere else. :) The prices for this place were actually reasonable and nice servings too. We got a desert and on my word, what a cake. We got a LARGE slice (see below this paragraph) and small jug of milk. Emily and I agree it is for four people to eat, not two. We had left overs of the cake and I had left overs from my pizza.

After lunch Emily and I went to the Saint Joseph's Catholic Bookstore that was going out of business and so there are many good sales. It is sad to see it leave, but sometimes little selection and not much word of mouth maybe the cause for its downfall because I know many still thought the bookstore was in the basement of the Cathedral. I got three Holy Cards and a Navy Military Cross for JR. I wish I had more money cause I would gotten more. So, where did we go next well, Emily wanted me to have an experience of a good book store.

She drove us to German Village to a book store called "The Book Loft" (The Book Loft). It is a bookstore that has thirty-six rooms (for it used to be an actually family home) with nothing, but all types of books. I would really recommend if anyone comes to Columbus, Ohio to please check this place out for not only do they have 5% off the book price (or more for some books), but it is just assorted and there are many odds and ends there too, like journals, bookmarks, puzzles, and games. I wanted to get a few books, but with no money (only what I need for dinner and movie tonight) I was unable to get them.

The books I wanted to purchase was a hard copy (no e-book) of "Just Like Heaven" by Julia Quinn, and then a few books by Georgette Heyer (1902-1974), who I can say sadly I did not know her name, but certainly I want to read her books. I wonder if the library has some of her books. Maybe, but still I would like to read her books and even better I did not know how long ago her books were written.


Well that is all. God Bless.

Nikita 

No comments: