Tuesday, May 10, 2011

20s Group Member Talk

Holy Hour was cut a little shorter than usual due to the practice for the little ones of the parish to receive First Communion and some were going to through their First Confession. But, I think it really helped with my mediation in front of the Holy Eucharist, during Adoration. This is a piece of what I wrote after finishing my evening prayers.
“Dear Lord,

How nice it is that I have a moment to see You, when I have not been able to for almost four days. Lord, Your little children are practicing and preparing to receive Your Body and Blood, just as You prepared The Apostles during the Last Supper, the First Mass. How beautiful to witness Your little Children as they do this. This is the month of May which means it is a month of showing Your Mother, no way OUR Mother our love to her just as You, Yourself showed love to her.”

The 20s Group meeting consisted with a member talk, by my own Godmother, Camille. Her talked was on the Rosary. This I was really excited about, because Camille was the one who helped me to really understand what the Rosary is, that powerful prayer that was given to us to see the “Gospel through Mary’s eyes”.  There are many out there who find that the Rosary is a way of worshipping Mary, but that is untrue.  “The Rosary is suppose to connect to you,” Camille stated in her talk and explained that she always has envision the Rosary being as if you were sitting at Mary’s feet and she told you the story of Jesus.

Another matter Camille brought up in her talk was intercessions, for many ask why has someone intercede for you to God. I kind of like one thing that I have heard Camille many times say in all the time I have known her, “Jesus will not refuse His Mother anything.” Intercession is really a way of in my opinion (a quite honestly I could be not explaining this correctly) to have more to pray with you on what you are praying for. “Mary, I pray for peace of mind” is an example I will use in this regard and I imagine Our Lady kneeling next to me and praying, “Lord, please give this child peace of mind.” And here is the thing that Camille said in the last part of her talk that helps with what I am trying to put into word, “We give her all of our worries, troubles, and etc. and she gives them all to her Son.”

No comments: