Thursday, May 5, 2011

So many events this past weekend.



It is so true this past weekend has been very eventful for not only me but also to the world. This past Friday was the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton (which on a side note did even ever think that it was funny that Middleton is a family name from a Jane Austen novel). I had the wedding taped because I knew I would be unable to get up and watch the event live.

Well, I got up around 6am-6:30am and went downstairs to watch what was taped (kind of like catch up really), well my uncle, who has been in depression (literally) for the past few weeks decided since it was being tape while he taped two other things he would erase it. I was sort of upset, but I got to see the dress and the kiss, so I am at least happy about that, plus BBCA and Fox News had highlights on every almost four hours the next day.

The dress was beautiful and very traditional, which I must say I LIKED it a lot. It was fit for her, truly and gave back that touch of simplicity and traditional in my opinion. And as I remember hearing from a journalist who was sitting next to the Today Show hosts, that this shows that the monarchy, especially Prince William and Princess Kate (Duke and Duchess of Cambridge) are wanting, to go back to the traditional roots, but keep with mainstream as well.

The Kiss, which many would say was too short, I find it was just the right kind of kiss, plus William reminds I think many of us that he is "Shy" Di's son. I wish to say that I would not want a make out kiss for the whole public to see, especially if I was royalty. So, no matter what anyone says, I LIKED those kisses (for they kissed twice).

I pray for a happy marriage for Kate and William, and now it is Prince Harry that I wonder about because that young man has become even cuter than his brother, who reminded us so much of Diana (but truly Harry does even more so now).

Sunday was Divine Mercy Sunday. I am new to the Church so for me to explain what Divine Mercy is truly, I would guess I would not be whole-heartily correct as I would wish. But, in my opinion Divine Mercy Sunday is a day that we reflect the Mercy that God has given to everyone, that He will never strike us with lighting for being wrong, but the Mercy to keep His arms ever open to us, but it is for us to reach out to Him.

The Gospel reading was as I said in a past entry, my favorite story, of Doubting Thomas. I would like to rewrite the Gospel reading for all to read.

"Thomas, called Didymus, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nail marks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."

Now a week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of (his) disciples that are not written in this book. But these are written that you may (come to) believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through this belief you may have life in his name." (John 20:24-31)

As I learned from the Homily of Fr. Gregory, OP (I keep going to a Mass when he is celebrating, it is quite nice really) and said this Gospel gives us the "Beatitude of Faith" as Pope Benedict XVI as considered, for "Have you come to believe because you have seen m? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed". Fr. Gregory also included in his homily Divine Mercy by saying, "It is by His Grace we are strengthen in our Faith by His Love and His Mercy". At the end of his homily he said my favorite quote as of yet from his young Dominican priest, "Numbered as one of those blessed to believe".


Divine Mercy Sunday was also a SPECIAL day in another regard it was the Beatification of Pope John Paul II. This all happened around 4am and because of the event of what happened with the wedding I felt that I could just get up and watch it at 4am, but I overslept go figured and so I was unable to see it, but I must say how great it is to say BLESSED John Paul II (or the Great as JR, Camille, and I have call this great servant of God).

To celebrate this, the 20s Group I am part of we went to Buca's (we did not know any Polish places around Columbus, so we did the next best thing, they have a POPE room :P). It was great, except it was so difficult for me a little bit because I never grew up with Pope John Paul II, for I came into the Church just two years ago and so I am in my own right a Benedict XVI generation and so when it came time for me to talk about my favorite memory of JPII, I explained that because I did not grow up with him, I did not have a favorite memory, but I have a favorite picture of the Blessed that I have always kept in my mind, it was when he was in Canada and he visited a Native American Reservation and the picture is of him coming out of a tepee wearing vestments made of doe-skin and his arms are outstretch and it was that picture that made me say "I love this man, how he is able to embrace a people and so how the Church is universal". I wish one day to own that picture and frame it and put it in my room one day.

Monday (Sunday night for United States) was a day that has bought my Faith and my American Pride to the test. I was told Sunday night that I was working that Osama Bin Laden was killed, I rejoiced for this was the man who plotted a day that was not forgotten and his reign killed many innocent lives all over the world, not just on 9-11. But, many have said that a Christian should not feel rejoice for a man who was killed, but I guess I have to explain something to myself and others about my opinion on this.

Bin Laden, was an EVIL man, he was not fighting for his faith or country, he was killing for power and fear, remind you of a few people, like Mussolini and Hitler. We have to think that Mercy was given to this sinful man even at the time of his death, and I think it was, but I truly believe that just like Hitler never believed he had done wrong and I believed smacked the hand of Mercy, Hitler killed himself, Bin Laden was killed during the mission, he knew he would be killed.

Do I like to know a man was killed, no, but I cannot imagine him living long once capture either. It is hard to explain this, but know this I am joyful that an evil man is gone and those were killed by the plots of Bin Laden are at rest truly and their families can rest at ease that that man will not be hurting innocent life anymore.

That was the events of this week. God Bless America, and the World for a man is gone and a man is Blessed.

God Bless,
Nikita

No comments: