Friday, April 29, 2011

Break Down and But It

After looking at something every moment that I have walked into the Barnes&Noble and everytime I have walked away saying, “Maybe another time”. Well, I broke down and bought it. Many would wonder what it is, well it is all seven novels of Jane Austen’s in one book, and the print is not that small either and it only has 1278 pages, something I know some of my Daddy’s books are in length.

I have been wanting to own this because for me to have them all in one book helps with reference, but also just so I can keep more room for more books really. (I know funny right, but when you have a grandmother who loves to remind you that you should get rid of all your books, the fewer amounts of books you have the better off you are, if you get my meaning.)

I am a huge Jane Austen fan and knew I would never own all seven novels because certainly some of her novels are more popular than the others and so trying to get them would take some time, and I want good copies none that literally use up my time explaining their opinion of how she wrote or why she wrote the way she did. Personally, I rather see what I know of what the author was writing about. I am forever learning more of my own of what authors (classic authors) are trying to show through their writings. 

For my Daddy’s favorite saying to me about literature and those who like to dive WAY too much in it (which I have done before, but only for certain pieces not all mind you), “Blake wrote a poem about taking a crap, so you reading about someone taking a crap, not how he viewed his time, so read it to enjoy what you are reading.”

And sometimes I feel he correct because we as a society I truly do believe this put a modern touch of what these authors were writing about because we feel that is how they felt, when really we do not know how they thought because we have put such a modern touch to it. Many of those who read Jane Austen’s books they proclaim feminism, when quite frankly just like Abigail Adams never promoted anything other than showing the world that there are bright and intelligent women in the world, but never wanted to become superior to men, no they wanted equality, Abigail Adams received that from her husband who listened to her most attendivelty and never made her seem dumb in her views of things.

I am going through a rant, when I did not want to, sorry to all those who actually read these entries. I tend to ramble a lot because I am so passionate about the subject matter and find that I am radical in my ideas of how history and most certainly literature should be viewed. Not too radical mind you, but I do hate revision historians, they do nothing, but tick me off a lot, but they want to plot conspiracies and many other things that just bore students and just make them think those who teach history. If you wish to revise history, then KEEP the TRUTH in….argh.

No comments: