Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just a great start of the week

These past few days have been good and certainly God has graced me with these days. I have learned a lot in just a few days of not only myself, but also about other people.


Sunday was a special day for it was my little sister’s thirteenth birthday. It was heart-breaking to think my little girl was thirteen when I remember her as a little bundle being held in my arms. I remember us singing Blue Clue’s songs and teaching her that apple juice is good. I cried as I laid there next to her as she slept (for she stayed the night where I am living) and looked at her and thanked God for her. My little girl is growing up and I just hope with many prayers that she grows up as a wonderful and humble young lady.

My little sister was surprised early that morning with my Godmother and best friend coming to Mass with us. Mass was wonderful to have my Godmother, my fiancé, and my little sister to celebrate the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ. It was the last Sunday of Lent before Holy Week. The Homilist of the Mass was a visiting Dominican Friar who would be giving a Lecture on the new translation of the Mass. The homily was beautiful and one of my favorite lines from the Friar was: “God does not need to grow and improve, but we do”.

During Communion, my little sister was given a blessing from the celebrate of the Mass, which you could see my little smiling, but still yearning for Our Lord. She wants so badly to join in full communion with Jesus and His Church, but our mother is forever stubborn and using one experience as the reason of hindering her child yearning. I ask everyone pray for my mother to open her eyes and feel the love that God has on all His children.

After Mass, my fiancé left the parish to go on a bike ride (as he put it “too nice of a day to not go for one”) and us three ladies went to my Dominican Third Order Novice class, which focus was on prayer. It went well, and got some more great reading materials to look over and digest and mediate upon. Then we all went to the Third Order meeting.

Once Vespers was finished my fiancé picked up us all and we went to Steak n’ Shake for dinner. It was fun and a good time. My little sister said she had a good day and I really hope she did. We dropped off her and then the trio went to my Godmother’s house. We took a walk afterwards and just spent time talking about the things that just needed to discuss, and random talks. The one thing I know we talked about was my learning of saying “no” to my little sister and how I treat her, which I have learned to get better than a few years prior.

Monday was a BIG day, it was my birthday. Well, it is my Church birthday, for two years on that day I was baptized and received in His Church. It is hard to imagine that just two years ago it happened, that I was reborn in grace and the devil had no hold on me. I have learned so much since that time and am fully aware of the love and mercy of God and what sacrifice Jesus did for us men. I spent the day either sleeping (due to I had to be at work 10pm-6am and I worked Sunday 10pm-6am), reading, or praying. I did renewed my bapistimal promises (as I will do again during the Easter Vigil) and as I said them I felt a calm over me and I was able to sleep peacefully. Thank you Jesus for a lovely day to be celebrating my redeem soul.

Well that is all that happened in the past two day, I am sorry it was not as elaborate as I normally write, but for some reason after writing something else my thoughts are not as clear. Well I am going back to read “God is Love” by Pope Benedict XVI.

No comments: