Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Daddy, you old man you!

Today is my Daddy's 45th birthday! He is such an old man! (I am kidding, but do not let him know that, because he is an old man, I mean yeah the picture is of him is in his YOUTH, nope now he has loads of grey, false teeth and glasses, he is old :P)

As I think about the past, especially how many years my Daddy has been, well a Daddy I am reminded of how grateful I am to know and love my Daddy the way I do.

What I have learned from him is what I wish to achieve with his blessings. He taught me to love even when you feel no one wants that love; that being strong means to admit you are weak, and that whatever you do know that they might not like what you are doing, but they love you either way.

This post was not just going to be about how OLD my Daddy is, really this post I wanted to ask for prayers about a few things. When I mentioned what he taught me, I wanted to further explore a few issues that come to mind.

To admit I am weak....yesterday and today I have shown my biggest weakness, the lack of intelligence that I know I have. A friend of mine, a very dear friend has been the kindest woman ever by editing some of my posts for a blog I am co-creator of.

What I notice is that the school district who highly esteem themselves as being excellence never truly focus on writing essays or writing in general. So much focus was on getting you to pass the proficiency tests than to actually help you in life. I am learning now what a mistake they made especially with me.

I love writing and knowing that I cannot create a good blog entry or even a essay, really bothers me. But, for years I would never truly admit it, I would shrug it off saying that it was a glitch, I understand how to write. Apparently not, for when my dear friend showed me what editing she did I was upset with myself.

Why did I not try to learn more independently? I thought upon it and found out I tried to with reading, hoping that reading all the books I could read especially chapter books and such, I would catch on and improve. As I stated before, guess not.

So I ask for everyone to pray for me as I try to really change this and become stronger by acknowledge my weakness.

To love even if you do not like what they are doing....there are so many examples, but one is right there dead center in my thoughts. While I went with my mom to go get some medical supplies for Darrell (which is not working well right now, so have to go back and get what we original should have taken) and we were talking about genealogy, which seems to be a topic that we can agree with and not fight. I explained to her that I have a problem with one thing how certain family members who have almost the key to all I would like to know and see about the family tree will never truly allow even copies.

My mom and I seem to have been on the same page about how we felt, we love them so much, but we cannot understand how much hatred these people have that they would horde all the photos, information, and etc. to only themselves and their children. By chance would you might see a picture or learn some information only to wish they had just given the copy of the picture or given you the information you asked so kindly.

You see, I do not wish to own the originals of anything, they belong to whom they are to belong to, but copies, I want copies. They can keep the originals! Why can they not understand that. And so what my Daddy taught about loving someone even when you hate what they are doing, makes me pray for those people who I know who they are, but do not wish to single them out on a blog, that is too cruel and unfair for this person who is still feeling the hatred they have felt since it all began. Please pray for these souls for they need to understand they are hurting the memory of the person(s) they believed hurt them by leaving.

I hope that all made some sense, if not I am really sorry. This post was to be sort of humorous and yet, I turned somber. Please forgive me.

God Bless,
Nikita

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birthday to your dad! You're dad is quite young, really, 18 years younger than mine. I hope he has many more years to live!

You've already taken the very important first step, that is, realizing where your weakness is and deciding to work on it. I'm not the best writer, either, but I do know that we can improve when challenged. So keep practicing!

J. Liem said...

Blogger cut out the links from my previous comment. Here's a second try.

These are the Chesterton links:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/9656/9656-h/9656-h.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/470/470-h/470-h.htm

And here is Steven Greydanus' superb movie review website:

http://www.decentfilms.com/