Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dislike not writing

I have kind of have been on hiatus since last Thursday. It was not that a lot was going on, it was more that I have been busy with life, well what my life consists of.

One of the biggest things is being a caregiver for my great-uncle. What most do not understand is the problems I have at times with being a caregiver, I never want to sleep, I am too worried he will be yelling for me, or even Granny and I will not be able to hear them. So for the past few days I would try to get at least three hours, only I think Friday did I get six or eight hours. (But that was after staying awake until 6am or 8am)

What I should make clear is I took this on because I live here and since I love them I never thought in the back of my mind that I should not do this. No, they are not only family, but humans who need comfort and love especially at this time of need.

Christians are called to help those who are most vulnerable, which these two are. But, there is one thing that I forget, I need to take care of myself and live my life. I have noticed that at times I overwhelm myself with things and I ask for everyone to please pray for me, I hate asking for prayers for me, when so many others need prayers, but if you all any room in your prayers keep a little one for me.

This entry was not to just be about ranting and venting, but also an update on what has been going on or what I think is interesting. First thing is first, most of you know about Charlie Sheen, who has lost his poor marbles (which makes me think of the movie "Hook"). But, do you know that his brother, Emilio and his father, Martin have teamed up and rallying around the country promoting a film called "The Way"? You have not,well you are in luck, I have a the link for the trailer:


I learned about this film after watching Raymond Arroyo's "World Over" on EWTN. This film is really going to be known if the word gets out, because big production companies did not back this film, it is a HUMAN story, which they do not like. Which if you notice some of the newer films some of the fewer are really HUMAN stories.



Another thing that has become a part of my life thanks to a dear friend of mine is "The Dreamer" (look at picture above). It is such a great story too! The one thing I have learned by reading this series is sometimes it is bad for American History Majors to read something like this. Why? Well, you get hook with a character by their attitudes and lines that you forget in history they died in battle or hung or etc. I was reminded after reading the latest page this past Friday. I literally just sat there in shock with myself really that I would forget that important part of what I knew of the wars of the Revolution. But, I truly do recommend this series to anyone who loves a good historical/modern story. The Dreamer

Well, right now that seems to all I would like to write about, hopefully I will get into a better mood later today after prayers and then write another entry.

God Bless,
Nikita

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think it's great that you take care of your uncle. That's what family is for, togetherness and care in a time of need.

The Way looks great! I'll have to see it when it comes out.