Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Life in General, it is one of those updates

It is quiet here at the house on this Tuesday afternoon and so I thought it would be wonderful to write a little entry on the happenings in my life.
Second Sunday are of great importance to me, for it is when the Dominican Laity Chapter I am a part of meets as a whole community. (Which that in part is one of the pillars of the Dominican Order) This month was different than normal because it was the first time I did not have a class for formation. Which was strange a little bit for me, but reminded me in two month time I will be promising myself to the Rule of St. Dominic for three years. That brings a joy to my heart!

The Chapter I am in this month started a new on-going formation, which is the Scott Hahn Genesis to Jesus lectures. I am excited to see what is to come of this. (More details of my opinion of this on-going formation in later entries)

Another thing for this month is something I am quite happy about with the community, a friend of mine is discerning if he should join the Dominican Laity. It is great to see young adults like myself coming into this community. Please I ask for all of your prayers for my upcoming promise and his discernment into the Dominican Laity.

While at the meeting two other of my friends, Camille and Emily were discussing with me about how we really need to get our little book club going. (For we were suppose to meet up and discuss "Hail, Holy Queen" by Scott Hahn, but scheduling became an issue) So, we decided that we would meet at Emily's house on November 15th to discuss that month's book, "Tuesdays with Morrie", for which I nominated.

"Tuesday with Morrie" was a book I was exposed to during my senior year thanks to a teacher. This book truly helped me understand the rights of dignity of Life as I reflect on it now, before I just thought it was a sad story that would make me cry at the end. So, I am going to have a great time discussing this book with Camille and Emily, but also of course I will post our little review on here and maybe we three will make a blog that deals with the books we decided to read, but that I do not know will happen, but it is an idea.

Yesterday was interesting for October 10th, 2011 was not only my cousin's birthday but was mark of my four years working for Kroger. It is difficult to understand that it has been four years, it does not feel like it has. I thought I was marking two years, not four. But it seems my job finds it not a great mark in life, but oh well.

Tuesday morning after coming home from work I watched my new favorite series (for which I hopes goes on for another season than just one) "Saints Alive!" This episode was Saint Gregory the Great. I find it interesting that so much of what he went through is parallel to what modern culture is now. I would like to quote this episode by Saint Gregory the Great:

"The eye of the icon is not only the eye with which we see God, it is the eye with which God sees us and thus loves us."

"We are called to live in our Lord's Real Presence where ever we are or whatever we are doing."

"When a girl ceases to blush she has lost the charm of her beauty."

"The Holy Spirit, is our personal guide."

"The Holy Bible is like a mirror before our mind's eye. In it we see our inner face, how spiritually beautiful or deformed we are, how near or far we are to perfection."

On a final note, before I went to bed I started (well re-started) a list of the books I have and the books I want. I only got to writing all the Catholic books I own and want. It is amazing I own thirty-eight books (six which are written by Dominicans) and I would like to own thirty-two more (well there are more but I could not remember the titles or the authors).

But, that is just my religious books, and I know I have secular books, but for what I can see with this list I am making I have kept an even balance between the secular and religious. Hopefully maybe next time I will make an entry with the list of books I would like to own.

God Bless,
Nikita

No comments: