Thursday, October 6, 2011

Quotes from my Facebook Profile and few more

I thought this could be interesting if I pasted on my blog the quotes that I have on my facebook profile. Question I have for you all is which of these do you like the most and why? Comment please, this will be fun!

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."-Margaret Mead

"In my many years, I have come to the conclusion that one worthless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."-John Adams (1735-1826)

"Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen." -Hebrews 11:1

"Will not be judge by the color of their skin, but the content of their character." MLK 63'

"It is not my fault, I voted for McCain!"

"And Love is the Key." -Jerry Goldsmith

"A person is a person no matter how small." -Dr. Seuss

"Roger do you know what they call the middle of a song." -Bennie, the Cab "I don't know....A BRIDGE" -Roger Rabbit

"Why do you get so cold when you are old? I am fatter than ever, yet the wind blows right through me." -Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle

"Oh, doctor, you've struck a nerve!" -Fred Astaire in "You Were Never Lovelier"

"Won't you ring dem(them) bells....haven't had a chance like that in years, I had to try it." -Bing Crosby in "Bells of St. Mary's"

"What's wrong with a priest wearing a Bandanna."-Father Andre-Joseph LaCasse OP

"Our cinder ash from life can be wiped away and have a happily ever after." -Narrator from HBO Series: "Happily Ever After"

"You believe this guy? Come on, Ninja kick the damn rabbit. Do something.-Michelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Movie.

"Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." -Michelangelo from TMNT the Movie.

"Parents just should not lie to their kids." Guardie Quote

"You bid me burn your letters. But I must forget you first."- John Adams

"What do we mean by the Revolution? The war? That was no part of the revolution; it was only an effect and consequence of it. The revolution was in the minds of the people, and this was effected from 1760 - 1775, in the course of fifteen years, before a drop of blood was shed at Lexington."- John Adams

"I must intreat you, my dear Partner in all the joys and Sorrows, Prosperity and Adversity of my Life, to take a Part with me in the Struggle." -John Adams writes in a letter to Abigail Adams on July 1st, 1774

"You have forgotten who you are and so you have forgotten me." -Mufasa in Lion King

"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past are up there, watching over us....So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I." -Mufasa in Lion King

"Before sunrise, he's "your" son." -Mufasa in Lion King

"Nice house, nobody home." -Mother Superior Regina and Sister Huebert in Nunsense.

"It's all GEEK to me." -J.R.

"I will remember to bring my geek dictionary and translations." -Nikita

"Best of luck on the next tests. It is good to spend time with the Lord, and I'm sure he is calling on all the mathematician patron saints to help you with study!" -Father Thomas Blau, O.P.

"If, by supporting the rights of mankind, and of invincible truth, I shall contribute to save from the agonies of death one unfortunate victim of tyranny, or of ignorance, equally fated, his blessings and years of transport will be sufficient consolation to me for the contempt of all mankind." -Marchese di Beccaria

"Ashamed of his monstrous form, the beast concealed himself inside his castle, with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom until his 21st year. If he could learn to love another, and earn her love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time. As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?" -Narrator from Beauty and the Beast

"Happiness is secured through virtue; it is a good attained by man's own will." -St. Thomas Aquinas, OP

"When we are whom we are called to be, we will set the world ablaze." -St. Catherine of Siena, OP

"No one in the world can change Truth. What we can do and should do is to seek truth and to serve it when we have found it. The real conflict is the inner conflict. Beyond armies of occupation and the hetacombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" -St. Maximilian Kolbe

"And finally, everything worked out just fine! Christmas was saved although there wasn't much time! But after that night, things were never the same! Each holiday now knew the other ones name! And although that Christmas got out of hand I'm still rather fond of that skeleton man. So many years later I'd thought I'd drop in, and there was old Jack still looking quite thin! With four or five skeleton children at hand playing strange little tunes on there xylophone bands. And I asked old Jack,''Do you remember that night when the sky was so dark and the moon shone so bright? When millions of small children pretending to sleep, nearly didn't have Christmas at all so to speak? And would if you could turn that mighty clock back to that long faithful night? Now think carefully Jack, would you do the whole thing all over again knowing what you know now knowing what you knew then?'' and he smiled like the old Pumpkin King that I knew, and turned and asked softly of me, ''wouldn't you?''" -Hidden Ending of Nightmare before Christmas (Santa Claus speaking)

No comments: