Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Election Day, Not Your Ordinary Doctor's Appointment, Date Night

Good Morning to those who read this blog. Yesterday was not really a day I need to remember until after 6pm. The reason for this is my great-uncle has been re-admitted back into the hospital.

There is a sense of relief that he is back in the hospital, meaning my concerns and those of his were not going unseen. It was not the re-admitting part that bothered me, no it was making my great-uncle to wait for a room, when you did not put a wound vac back on, but wet and dry dressing.

He was sitting in a wheelchair for two hours with that dressing on and complaining that it was burning. I was trying to stay quiet, for what good would it do to get upset, but my mother on the other hand, well she was about ready to punch the receptionist because we were told there would be a room ready for him, because he was in a bad situation at the time. Nope, two hours later he was finally put in a room with him about ready to cry because of the pain and burning sensation he was dealing with.

My only hope is that they (the doctors and nurses) will find a better way of controlling the issue we are dealing with at home and help my great-uncle out. We are also hoping that they can have someone talk to my great-uncle because he has become very depressed lately. I do know he feels relief when I pray for him, but he is just upset with all that is going on and how it seems to be worst and not better. So, I ask that everyone who reads this blog to please pray for him.

Yesterday was also election day and I went to the voting booths early in the morning. While I know the results of the issues, I cannot say I am happy about all of it. I look at the viewpoint of how much I cannot stand hand-me-outs on someones taxes because someone doesn't want to pay a certain percentage of their retirement and health care.

But, as my fiance explained "majority speaks" even if I know it is by their stupidity of not understanding that it was to help keep taxes from being hiked. The best part of all of this though is because I voted I am allowed to speak out against the results, but not in the manner of OWS people, but as a citizen of my state.

Later yesterday night after being at the hospital from 2:20pm I came home and cooked dinner for JR and I (who was still in class at the time). Tuesdays have become the date night, which is nice because we can have a dinner and sit at the table talking about the day and then watch NCIS (which the newest episode was AWESOME). Next week and once a month I will not have date night with JR because of a book club I am apart of, but JR has understood this and I know I will make it up somehow.

Lastly, I have learned a few things that make worry about myself. First, I cannot understand that when I am expecting a call from a co-worker just in case they need help that I am dead asleep and will not hear my phone ring. I mean I put it on loud! What the heck! Second, I listen to music way to much to the point where I have a short now in my headsets. I need to buy new ones soon.

Third, I have way too much time on my hands when I get up in the morning because I made two new playlists one called "Disney" and another called "Non-Disney" in total hours of favorites equal out to be twenty-nine hours and twenty-five minutes. (Disney playlist was exactly six hours while Non-Disney playlist was twenty-three hours and twenty-five minutes)

God Bless,
Nikita

PS: I hope to get my copy of The Dreamer Volume One today.

No comments: