Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A review for four days

I want to say I wish I could update more often on this blog, but with very crappy internet (use wifi more often) work schedule, and getting everything I need done to be done, there just seems to be little time for writing in my blog. Yet, I refuse to give up on making sure to write here, but I know I have neglected not only this blog, but a blog I am co-founder for (Three Bookish Girls ) as well. That being said I am hoping today this will change. To those who keep reading my blog, I thank you for sticking around when I am been hiatus for what it seems like forever. I hope I can recieve your forgiveness for that.

This past weekend was a little busy with the fact that my fiance and I had our pictures taken for the parish directory and hoping to get pictures done as an offical engagement photos (which I hope we can still get done and have those pictures as presents for family members). Saturday was also a date day as we called it because I did not have to go into work until 10pm, so before our photo shoot we went to the Ohio Historical Center at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. I love going there, not is there just the museum and the historical village (which hopefully I will see extensively in December), but a great historical library.

I did get to talk to one of the volunteers of the center and he gave me the information for something to help with my geneaology, they are perserving flags, especially the Civil War flags, and quite possibly my ancestors from the Beaver line who fought with O.V.I. (Ohio Volunteer Infantry) flag might be in their collection, if so I can go and see the flag at the warehouse and learn the history of the O.V.I. that my family fought in. I find that pretty cool, but others in my family just give me the look, "why do you really care about this" or "oh that is nice, Nikita". Really I wish my family understood my passion for learning about history, but I have a fear that will never happen.

As I mention Saturday was busy, JR and I after visiting the Historical Center went to our parish to get our photos taken, I can say that they were nice photos, but Olan Mills (I think I am spelling it correctly) for which my family always went to for photos is expensive as ever! I am hoping that once we own the proofs I can select the pictures and individually get some 8X7s for the family.

Since we were at Saint Patrick's we decided to the Vigil Mass for Sunday and then go to the Knight of Columbus Spegehetti Dinner at the parish afterwards. The Mass was wonderful, Fr. Thomas cracked me up when he ended the Mass with the annoucement of the dinner, but instead said, "Pancake Dinner" which I can tell you was shocking cause some were hoping it was pancakes. :D A good funny moment for the just turned 50 year old priest.

Sunday was the monthly meeting for the Saint Catherine of Siena Dominican Laity Chapter. I must say I do like saying the Rosary before Vespers instead of before the meeting begins. I think a great way to close the meeting to ask Our Lady to pray for us and then contemplate as we pray Vespers. But, then again that is me.

The first offical book club gathering was yesterday. (I will write more, but I have to leave for I recieved word that my great-uncle might be coming home)

God Bless,
Nikita 

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh don't worry, real life is demanding, so we all get busy and neglect to write! I know I have been busy as well. I think your passion for history is great! Maybe you should major in U.S. history or history of religion in college.