Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Social Media, why I have these three, but wish to just have two

I can tell you all that I have not only a twitter account, but both facebook and google+ accounts. I have kind of fallen away, but not really left facebook.

Facebook has gotten to the point where it changes so much that there are days where I just wonder in an hour what else did they change. Also, my other issue is I have had a facebook since 2006/2007 and I was just adding all my high school classmates (who were in college) and those in college who had one; adding myself to games and quizzes (that I do not play anymore and I keep wanting to play, but I have all these add requests and everything that I have to go through those just to play the game at times).

Now that I am finding myself with over 100+ people on my facebook with only maybe 50+ who really would like to speak to me. Many keep you because they like the number game, you know claim they have 6000+ friends, but really never know them at all, yet those you add know you (you hope). I wish I could wipe clean my facebook of my friends and re-add those who are really important to me or I know I want to keep in contact, but either I do not have the time or don't have the Internet access to sit there and click everything.

Twitter is something I have in the recent months gotten the hang of and liked a lot. For I can follow a blogger and get an instant acknowledge of their new blog posts, but also things that they find interesting I can see as well. But, it is also a place where I feel that you do not have to worry about if those who I unfollow will be sitting there wondering why I did not keep following them. (which there are those on facebook who have done that to me, will not mention names)

Now as I said I have a Google+ account and I find it is my clean slate, but also I like the way the set up is that Google+ is connected to Blogger, Gmail, and Google Reader for me. I do not have to set up accounts for different things to get what I want. (That is more password creative that I lack sometimes and user name creativity too) There are some downsides (like SMS ability like I have with Facebook), but I would rather have the Google+ because I think I would use the social media to my advantage and like I mention it is a clean slate. Plus, their games are simple right now and is not over-taking my social media, if you know what I mean.

God Bless,
Nikita 

No comments: