Thursday, September 22, 2011

Early Morning

I am wide awake and it is going to be 5am and I have to say that I have no idea why I am still awake. First I want to post this link: Three Books That Changed My Life this is my livejournal, which I normally do not post that much since I have blogger now. But, I do post when I post something on here or my automatic twitter posts as they are called are on there.

While I was on Livejournal I was reading a friend's post about Troy Davis, who I only knew of today from watching the news (which because I barely watch secular media). My view on Death Penalty are of a pro-life view, but what trigger me to write about this was something she said, that why the state still went through it was because he was black.

I know I am white female Catholic, but I am tired of that card being the excuses of things. Truly there are many factors of this event, but it was not simply because he was black, no they dubbed him a cop-killer, and normally just like a sex offender that wheither you are innocent you are put under that rose color lens.

I ask that all those who read my blog to please pray for his soul and his family, but also the victim's soul and his family for they all need the prayers. This event should bring us to promote peace, justice and the idea that life is precious that murdering someone doesn't truly change the outcome of the crime that was committed, but to teach forgiviness and the criminal acknowledging their guilt and wanting to forgiviness now that is what we should push for.

God Bless,
Nikita

No comments: