Friday, September 16, 2011

Random Thoughts


Today would have been my great-grandfather's 90th birthday and though I hardly knew him, I know so many stories and tales about him, that he truly seems like he has always been around me. I think that is where my faith really helps for I know he is around me, he has never left us spiritually.

There is in the living room (because I live with my great-grandmother and great-uncle) that is called to this day: Dad's Chair, the most comfortable chair in my opinion and that was the chair if I ever posted more photos you would see him sleeping in.

There are days in this house where I can feel something around me, especially in my room, but normally I know that it is my relatives who have gone on who are praying for me, they are letting me know they are around, but interesting enough I sleep in the room where my great-grandfather died.

One more little thing about my great-grandfather that is funny to tell and hopefully my great-uncle will not be unhappy that I post this story up, but anyways, when my Pappy was really ill and my great-uncle came back to live with his parents to help he gave his dad a cow bell and told him to ring it if he needed anything. No sooner that my great-uncle was in bed that he heard this cow bell and shot upstairs only to find out that his dad "wanted to see if it worked". :D Truly one of the great stories of Pappy.

In other news, my hand is still killing me, it is not as swollen, but it hurts even when I am typing (but I cannot help but type, let alone just use one hand). I have not went to the doctors because I have little time and no money to get it checked and my insurance is not the greatest, so I do not want another bill to pay. So, I am going to wrap it up again and ice it and just take Advil or whatever for awhile.

Yesterday was my first time ever going to Saint Patrick's 20s Group without my fiance and that was truly different. It was not greatest feeling sitting there in Holy Hour and know that my fiance was home and not beside me praying in the Real Presence.

20s Group was having a catechists night on the Nature of Virtues and Vices, which actually was a good discussion. When we got into the Nature of Vices (Sin really) we got onto topic about how do our Protestant Brothers and Sisters view this (which a few of the group members are converts from Protestantism) and then the reasons with Confession being a part of our Christian faith.

I actually can say I spoke a lot last night especially when we talked about Confession, but also about forgiveness.

Well, I believe that is all I wanted to write about, but thought I should write something, plus I need to work my right hand to get use to the pain.

God Bless,
Nikita

PS: Please pray for the repose of the soul of my great-grandfather, Raymond and pray for my family as we are improving since everything with my great-uncle.

No comments: