Friday, September 23, 2011

Rainy First Day of Autumn plus More

It is raining, go figure on the first day of what I consider the start of my season (which is Autumn into early Spring). But, that doesn't bug too much because normally it is during the start of the season that it rains a lot.

Yesterday, with many thanks to a friend, Trevor (who picked me up from my house) I went with the Saint Patrick's 20s Group to visit the Julibee Museum run by Holy Family Catholic Church and their Pastor, Fr. Lutz. As I have never been to the Museum before I was very glad that I had the chance to go.

It was amazing, to be in the presence of such much history of the Catholic Church. The Museum itself was historic as it was the former Holy Family High School. Each room was dictated to a subject, Nun's Room, Bible Room, Pope's Room (which has a jewel that Mary, Queen of Scotland wore, pretty cool), and etc. In whole I wish we had more time at the Museum where I could hear more stories about each object, but just really to look at the pieces themselves.

I did talk to Fr. Lutz about a few things since Camille's Paper on the 1930 Fire at the Ohio State Pen was in the Museum is he knew if the Museum had a copy of "Hero Priest", he did not believe so, but told me to write him a note of all I knew of the book and he would help look for a copy. He, too, was opt to the idea of opening a cause for Fr. O'Brien, OP. I am very excited, but must keep praying.

St. Padre Pio


Today is the feast day of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina (photo above) or as he is famously known, Padre Pio. He was one of the many Saints I encountered when I was going through RCIA. I knew only little about him, as in a DVD I watched about his life. As in reading material, very little of that because I had no books on him in my library (still do not, need to find an actually good book about him, any recommendations). Padre Pio Biography this website has a great biography of Padre Pio.

I think of the things that attracted me to Padre Pio was how the devil was always attacking him, in this day and age we forget that some things that are happening to us especially bad are the work of devil trying to force us away from God. My constant nightmares before my baptism are factors of the attacks I know I received from the devil. Thanks to the intercession of Saint Joseph to the Lord, I have not had a dream that caused me to scream, "I do not wish to be Catholic".

Lastly, I wanted to write something because I received emails from comments on livejournal, it seems that many think I am forgetting about those injustice of African-Americans. If you remember my lost posting that dealt with this issue I had mention the poor injustice of a man named Troy Davis. I pointed out that he was being put to death, which he was yesterday for being a cop killer and how I did not feel that people should honestly put the race card on this issue.

Well there was a person who commented that there is a higher amount of African-American men being put to Death. I cannot sit here and tell you that is a lie, because I know it is not, but what I am trying to speak about is there was an injustice on part because they dubbed this poor MAN a cop-killer. I believe the injustice was there, but for more reasons than he was African-American.

Now, I know most people who then say that I hated African-Americans that I do not know the injustice done upon, that I did not care. That is not true, I see and hate what has been done to them for they never deserved, but I put a question upon you all, will everyone just fight for an African-American man, or will you fight for the injustice of MEN who are put on DEATH ROW?

God Bless,
Nikita

No comments: