Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Just give me a few moments

I could not think of a good title for this entry, so I thought that one up on a guess it would be interesting. I have not written in a few days and that would be probably I have had no Internet and kicking it in high gear with trying to sleeping as much as I can.

This past Sunday I decided to get three books out from the parish's library all about the Saint Joseph's Providence of the Order of Preachers (Dominicans). I have started to read, "Dominican Preaching of the Saint Joseph's Providence" which is a book of sermons that have been saved, because as the author of this book, Fr. Burke, OP explains many of the Dominicans did not have time to just write these words down at times. I cannot give you all a great and detailed review of this book, but hopefully after I finish reading the book, I will be able to write a review for you all to read.

In other news I have been working on trying to get something re-printing or for that matter re-published. Hopefully with the help of Fr. Gregory, OP one of the associate pastors of St. Patrick's, this can happen. If you all are wondering, what book are you speaking of? Here is my answer, the book is titled, "Hero Priest" it is a biography of a priest named Fr. Albert O'Brien, OP who died 1933.


Fr. Albert O'Brien, OP

Fr. Albert O'Brien, OP Here is an article that was written in 2009 that started all of this really for me. The more I learned about him through his biography and through the articles the more I felt that his cause should be opened. So, I was hoping that if I got the biography which was written by his Dominican Brother only two years after his death that it would help establish the cause to be opened, but I must allow the Holy Spirit to work His wonderful work through the heart of the Church to acknowledge this humble friar as a Saint through the Church. But, my deepest hope that in my lifetime Fr. Albert O'Brien will be a Blessed. Keep his cause in your prayers.

One of the last things I wanted to post is a few blog entries that I thought were interesting and needed to be shared to you all:

1. My God this article was written by a Dominican Brother at the House of Studies, which I must tell you is nice to have Dominicana online.

2. Prayers to End Abortion entry written on the Order of Preachers Vocation Blog check it out!

3. Article that I read from CatholicVote about Meatless Fridays for the Catholics in Britain: Meatless Fridays in Britain

Well that is all from me, right now, don't worry I will write more as it comes to me in later posts.

God Bless,
Nikita

No comments: