Thursday, September 22, 2011

Saint Thomas of Villianova, Father of the Poor

I knew I could never get away with just writing one post without finding something else to write about, oh well, hopefully the poor readers will forgive me for my constant writing. I thought I should write something about a Saint who I wrote down as today being his feast day (but online it says September 18th, I need to research more, but I am certain that it is today). This being said today I am going to write a few quotes by the Saint, who is Thomas of Villianova, a Augustian (I think I spelled that correctly).


"What does a poor friar like myself want with furniture." -his explanation on why he gave the furniture he was given to a hospital.

"If there are people who refuse to work, that is for the authorities to deal with. My duty is to assist and relieve those who come to my door." -his explanation for why he constantly helped those who knocked at his door.

Saint Thomas of Villianova is considered as one of the "Father of the Poor".

God bless,
Nikita

No comments: