Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In the Navy (well not me)



I wanted to write on Monday, but I was either too tired or too excited to write really anything. Yesterday my fiance swore into the Navy. I cannot tell you how excited and relieved I am. He has worked so much and long to join the Navy. I truly believe St. Michael and the other Saints that I ask for intercessions helped JR to be encouraged to not give up on his enlistment. Please keep JR in your prayers as he prepares for his journey in the Navy.

Just like Friday, today it is raining, and they said it would be light showers, when I walked downstairs it was pouring...sometimes the weather just doesn't listen to the weatherman. Also today I got to talk to my friend, Camille who has been trying to get a hold of me. We talked a good while as she updated me on what was up with her life. Keep her in your prayers though, she got injured and going through recovery.

This past Sunday was anniversary of the dedication of St. Patrick's Church in Columbus, Ohio; 158 years old on September 25th. It is amazing that the parish has been around for 158 years. And the history behind the parish is amazing. Did any of you know that the parish was one time where the Bishop of the Diocese of Columbus resided? It was up until St. Joseph's Cathedral was built. It is not the oldest parish in Columbus, Ohio (that title goes to Holy Name, if I am not mistaken).

Yesterday something interesting happened to me at work, a co-worker of mine said she saw Darrell's picture on facebook. I was thinking, 'how?' and certainly I learned the answer to this question. Sunday while I was sleeping I was awoken to sounds in Darrell's room, multiple voices. I had no clue who else was in his room. I found out after actually opening my door and walking past the room it was Darrell's friend, Bob and Bob's two boys. You see Bob took a picture of Darrell and his boys and then uploaded it on Facebook. It was kind of funny when people came up to me at work saying to me, "I do not have a facebook, but my friend who does saw Darrell's picture on there".

My great-uncle is well known through Hilliard by the older residents (those who lived here before 2000). I went on Bob's facebook, and read all the comments that were posted and so many of them were of those who knew Darrell as a child-teenager. I do not know if Darrell knows that his picture with the boys are on facebook. At least people see he is alive and on recovery.

That is all for now.

God bless,
Nikita

1 comment:

Laura said...

How exciting for J.R.! I will keep him and you in my prayers.