Thursday, September 29, 2011

Something I thought of while watching television

Many know that the paranormal is something I love, though I do not believe or feel the same as many in the field. I for one believe in the idea of a ghost being someone either in purgatory, reminding others to pray for their soul as they pray for ours and that some boil down to demons trying to make you believe they are innocent ghosts/spirits. Anyways, there is a group that I watch a lot because I like how they approach many of their cases.



TAPS or as many see on television "Ghost Hunters" are of the mindset that you must disprove a haunting. In turn that makes sense, you cannot just sit there watch a curtain moving and instantly say, "that was a ghost" when in actuality it was the vent system kicking in. So why am I wanting to write about this...well I was watching one of the episodes from 2010 and noticed something that bugged me a lot.

They were revealing to the client the evidence collected, but also letting the client know some things that could be explained if something like that happens again to look for. TAPS in my opinion has never sat there and said, "This is what really happened so those who experienced the event; they are liars or just stupid". No, they never experienced the event first-hand, but what they are trying to do is help so that people are not jumpy at ever creak.

Anyways, so they were explaining about a door shutting. Grant Wilson was explaining what he noticed about the door's location and the fact there is an open window inside the room. The client literally in my opinion sounded rude saying, "No, the door actually SLAMMED shut". First off, Grant was just giving you an alternative thing to think about if it happens again.

This client showed me something that I could not help but be peeved about. You cannot honestly sit there and believe every last bit of paranormal evidence out there because you want your place to considered haunted, and there are many who are like that. This person wasn't wanting to look at things with a logical thought, they wanted to know that their location was haunted.

I cannot stand that, but then again it is just like miracles, we wish to believe that when a person claims it was a miracle by a certain person who they asked to intercede for them; suddenly they are healed. I cannot say that I have not at one time fell into that, but there is something I want to explain.

The Church looks at miracles just like TAPS looks at a "haunted" location. We cannot just believe on a whim that something just happens in a miracle that could be explained in a logical manner. We must in turn look at miracles logical and try to disprove them and if the Church nor we its members can, than it is a miracle, just like with TAPS, until they cannot disprove the haunt will it be considered haunted.

I believe in miracles, but I believe them to be divine, where no science or logical explanation that be determined. For those who understand the pain-staking task of opening and moving a cause for person to Sainthood in the Catholic, knows the difficulties of miracles being proven. But, truly this post was for me to explain the lovely thing I noticed while watching "Ghost Hunters".

God Bless,
Nikita

PS: More updates soon!

No comments: