Friday, December 30, 2011

20s Group's Christmas and New Year's Party

It was our first ever Christmas/New Year’s Party, we had a good group of people there. I can say that I now wish I did not eat dinner before I arrived for Adoration, because there was food at the party….bad Nikita.


I did mingle, but not so much that would be as I told one person who I know Alyssa, I just feel that sometimes if I feel I cannot contribute in the conversations I will just walk away. (She caught me after I sat down and was starting to read a book Camille gave me for Christmas). It is very true actually, I will feel that I should just not insert myself and will then crawl back into a corner.

Either way the party was good, spent a good time just catching up with people of the 20s Group. One thing that did get me shocked was that Mary, the president of the group lent me a book (it is called “The Outlander”) and what I did not know is that she actually did not lend it to me, but in fact gave it to me. I was shocked, but overall excited because now I can re-read it again and highlight what I find interesting (which I do that a lot with many of my books).

JR and I left the party around 9pm-10pm, I think, I cannot say what time. We came back to my house and said Night Prayers together. He is still learning how to pray the Liturgy of the Hours, but it takes time. Which I need to point out tomorrow is the feast of the Holy Family. Hopefully, in the next few hours I will have an entry about this feast day.

God Bless,
Nikita, OP

1 comment:

J.R. said...

Dear, you can be very sociable! I have seen it. Please think positively of yourself. All of us do value your friendship. You are trying and making a very strong effort! I cannot praise you enough for that.