Friday, December 9, 2011

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Thirty-two years ago on this day Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen died. It was just this past year that I began learning about Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. I own two of his written works, but I have yet to read them, I need to.

How did I meet Archbishop Sheen, well when I was looking for a book to read at my parish, I noticed this one book, it was small, but seem very interesting. The title of this book was: Lessons on Faith and Trust. I thought, this look interesting. I checked out the book and how right I was. It was interesting, his way of writing was like he was speaking to me though he been dead for years.

I always know when I like a book I want to take a pencil and highlight sentences. I had to hold back a lot because not only did I want to highlight sentences, but write in the margins how I liked certain passages and etc.

After that reading that book I began researching little things about the Archbishop. It was when I was going through my lessons for my formation into the Dominican Laity that I learned that Archbishop Sheen was a Third Order Dominican, that right there was amazing. Ever since then I wanted to learn more about him. I hope that I will learn more about Archbishop Sheen and with asking his prayers to intercede for me in my discernment into my vocation of the Dominican Laity that his cause to Sainthood will go through. :)

"No one yet has ever left the Body of Christ or His Church for a reason, but many have left it for a thing."

For the repose of the soul of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, pray for us!

No comments: