Friday, December 30, 2011

The New Year Resolutions

I was going through my Google Reader and saw something The Anchoress wrote (see entry here ). It made me think about what my resolutions would be and why. I thought about it for awhile and this is what I came up with and hopefully I will work on entries throughout the year to see if I am keeping to my resolutions.

First one would be to finally get through the New Testament, it is something I have wanted to do since my conversion. How can you defend the teachings of the Church without the backing of where the teachings come from, which is Sacred Scripture.

Second, keeping up with my prayers (Liturgy of the Hours) and devotions (such as the Rosary and Novenas). I have been lacking a little with this because of issues with life, but not doing this daily my days turn pretty sour.

Third, take more walks or just going outside. Sticking myself inside does not help me at all, I am coming to terms that I am needing fresh air.

Fourth, becoming more social in the manners of inserting myself in conversations and not allowing myself to think it is not worth it.

Fifth, to write more in my blog, I want to be able to express myself more fully, but also blogging is a great way for me to defend and speak what I understand and know. To do this will in turn I hope help me in the long run with inserting myself into the world, but yet not be of the world.

Sixth, to write my stories out even just rough drafts, this includes my conversion story.

Seventh, write more hand-written letters, for I love getting letters in the mail, and in turn I need to write more out.

Eighth, to read more books, so I can beat my Daddy's record which if I am correct is close to five hundred or more.

Ninth, to have more self-confidence and raise my self-esteem, this is one of those essential things that I need to work on, while others I could do another year, this one thing is not going to happen unless I push myself to do something about it.

Finally, to go to Daily Mass more often, hopefully with my great-uncle getting better, I can do what I use to do which is go to Daily Mass once a week. It helped me a lot with getting out and just letting things go, when they needed to be let go.

Are there resolutions that you have in mind for 2012?

God Bless,
Nikita, OP

1 comment:

J.R. said...

Yes, dear I do have resolutions for 2012.

First, graduate from college.
Second, increase my own devotions to prayer (LOTH and rosary).
Third, drop my weight to 145 so I can go to basic training.
Fourth, try to be the best boyfriend/fiance/(future) husband I can and try my best to support the woman of my dreams.
Fifth, MARRY YOU!